How do I join an online Skype meeting at MITRE?
You can join a Skype meeting using both audio and video capabilities from a desktop or mobile device. You can also join a Skype meeting using audio only from any phone.
Join a Skype meeting using both audio and video capabilities:
- On your desktop, click the “Join Skype Meeting” link in your calendar invite then select “Use Skype for Business (full audio and video experience)” in the Join Meeting Audio window.
- On your mobile device, click the Skype icon from the calendar view of your MITRE@Work app then click “Join Online Meeting”.
Join a Skype meeting using audio capability only:
- On your mobile device, click the Skype icon from the calendar view of your MITRE@Work app then click “Call Into Meeting”.
- On any phone, use one of the Skype for Business dial in numbers followed by the conference id for the meeting.
- Skype for Business Dial-In # (Bedford): 781-271-2020 *
- Skype for Business Dial-In # (Washington): 703-983-2020 *
* MITRE staff should always use their MITRE work phone number + Personal Identification Number (PIN) combination when dialing into a meeting by phone. This combination identifies you, by name, as a MITRE participant.
External partners who wish to participate in desktop sharing will need to install the Skype for Business add-in and be able to communicate via port 443. (Note: You will be prompted to install the Skype for Business add-in, upon initiating desktop sharing). Only Supported Operating Systems and Browsers will be able to use Skype for Business Web App.
If the external partner is unable to meet any of the requirements (Skype for Business add-in), they should contact their IT department for assistance.
These instructions assume Skype for Business Web App and phone dial-in for audio:
Join data sharing
- In the meeting request, make note of the Conference ID.
- Click Join Skype Meeting or click the meeting link.
- The Skype for Business Web App login window opens automatically.
- Select Join as a Guest and enter your name. Click Join Meeting.
- Wait in the lobby for admittance.
Join audio by phone
- Dial into the Audio Conferencing service:
703-983-2020 or 781-271-2020
- Enter the Conference ID. Press #.
- Press #, # to skip to the end of the prompts. (no PIN)
- Record your name as a guest. Press #.
- Wait in the lobby to wait for admittance.